Haymarket house fire Feb. 12, 2020

Prince William County Fire and Rescue officials tackle a house fire in Haymarket on Wednesday, Feb. 12.

An accidental fire that started in an upstairs bedroom is to blame for a blaze that displaced six Haymarket residents Wednesday afternoon, according to Prince William County Fire and Rescue officials.

Units were dispatched to the home, in the 5400 block of Sherman Oaks Court in Haymarket, at 4:56 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 12. They arrived to find “heavy fire and smoke” coming from the second floor, according to a fire department Facebook post.

The home's occupants, including four adults and two children, were home at the time of the fire and were alerted by smoke detectors. No injuries were reported, the post said.

The home sustained extensive damage. A Prince William County building official declared the home unsafe to occupy. 

The Prince William County Fire Marshal's Office determined the fire started in an upstairs bedroom and was accidental, the post said.

 

You must be logged in to react.
Click any reaction to login.
0
0
0
0
0

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.