Visual art journaling is an exciting frontier for self-expression.
The art form combines art and words, providing a place to access creative energy, stretch image-making capabilities and explore techniques, tools and processes to create very personalized artwork. We will experiment with colored pencil, caran d’ache crayons, paint, collage and printmaking techniques to learn the basic skills of art journaling. Visual Art Journals emphasize the use of color, texture, shape, line and image. No previous artistic experience required as there are no rules, just self-expression! All supplies provided by instructor. Course fee includes $25 supply fee.
Thursdays Feb. 6 – March 5
(5 weeks) 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Instructor Cheryl Miehl
Pre-registration required. Sign up online HERE
or call the Center for the Arts at (703) 330-2787
Business Hours: Monday - Friday 10am – 5pm
Art, Dance and Drama classes, camps & events are also offered throughout the year.
Learn more at www.center-for-the-arts.org or call 703-330-2787.
- Stonewall’s Sledge hammers away in baseball workouts
- Prince William County reports a second COVID-19 death
- Deemed essential businesses, Virginia’s state-run liquor stores stocked up on respirators for clerks a decade ago
- UPDATED: Virginia adds 395 new COVID-19 cases, setting yet another 1-day record. Prince William reports 159, up 28
- VHSL says spring sports might be played in summer
- Three Fauquier Health hospital employees test positive for COVID-19
- Northam says he 'wouldn't discourage' Virginians from wearing face coverings to protect from COVID-19
- UPDATED: Teen reported missing from Youth for Tomorrow on March 23 found safe, police say