Optima Health is partnering with Literacy for Life to offer The Health Education And Literacy (HEAL) Program!
The HEAL Program provides free health education classes. Certified Optima Health instructors provide hands-on learning about healthcare topics like:
• Learning to compare nutrition facts on labels
• How to read and understand a prescription bottle and over-the-counter medicine
• When to use urgent care or the emergency room
• How to fill out medical and medical history forms
• How to talk to your doctor
• And more!
There are eight classes in a series. Attendance to all eight classes is not required, but strongly encouraged. Classes meet every Monday. Registration is preferred as class size is limited. Call 1-866-706-6708 to sign up.
- Starting Monday, October 7th, 2019, repeated every week on Monday until Tuesday, November 05, 2019 @ 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Starting Monday, November 18th, 2019, repeated every week on Monday until Monday, December 16, 2019 @ 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
Mount Olive Baptist Church13111 Minnieville Road
Woodbridge, VA 22192
- UPDATED: Virginia adds 455 COVID-19 cases, setting new 1-day record. Prince William reports 236, up 43
- Army Corps to convert Dulles Expo Center, Richmond and Hampton Roads convention centers to temporary hospitals
- As COVID-19 cases rise, daily arrests in Prince William County fall
- Boy, 14, charged in stabbing in Manassas
- Amid pandemic, Prince William jail falls below capacity for the first time in more than a decade
- UPDATED: Prince William continues to-go meal pickups during spring break, adds 3 new school sites
- Prince William now has 3 deaths due to COVID-19, health district officials say
- Local COVID-19 hunger-relief efforts need help now