Instructor is Emily Thomson.
Great illustrators masterfully bend realism to suit their visual storytelling and capture the reader’s imagination. Learn techniques, tips and tricks from published children’s book illustrator Emily Thomson. Topics will include the use of thumbnail sketches, creation of polished line drawings, inking and hand coloring techniques. You will take away a better understanding of how to convey a character’s personality and develop your own style. Bring some of your favorite animal or human photographs to use as visual references; we will have more for your choosing, too. Materials will be provided via supply fee.
Register by June 16 to avoid $15 late fee. To register call 703-330-2787.
Course fee includes tuition and $25.00 supply fee.
Center for the Arts9419 Battle Street
- Reports: Richmond's iconic Confederate statues targeted for removal by Northam, Richmond mayor
- UPDATE: Police make 1 arrest in hit-and-run crash on Va. 234 that sent 4 teens to the hospital
- Virginia launches workplace safety investigations into 7 employee deaths from COVID-19
- UPDATED: Prince William loses 6 more to COVID-19, local percent-positive rate highest in Va.
- Northam’s Phase 2 reopening largely overshadowed by protests and continued civil unrest
- Gyms begin to reopen for outdoor exercise -- with many restrictions
- As Potomac Mills reopens, many stores stay closed
- UPDATED: Protest shuts down Sudley Road for hours Tuesday night