Instructor Heather Rankin. For ages 7-11.
Alma Woodsey Thomas was an Expressionist Painter, an art educator, and the first African American woman to have a solo exhibit at the Whitney Museum of American Art. She is the perfect artist to kick off our ARTstars Workshop Series! We will learn about Ms. Thomas’ pioneering work in the art world, her devotion to her students, and her beautiful use of color and design. Students will experiment with the painting techniques and powerful color choices that became signature elements in Alma Thomas’ work. We will have fun using very large canvases and beautiful saturated colors as we talk about mosaics, the emotional impact of color, and the meditative effects of pointillism painting techniques.
Note: Welcome to our in-person classes. Face coverings are required for all participants. Please review our COVID-19 safety measures prior to attending class.
Tuition: $63, Supply Fee: $10. Register by September 14 for 10% tuition discount for non-members and a 25% tuition discount for members.
ARTfactory9419 Battle Street
Oct 5Tuition $63, Supply Fee $10
Oct 5Tuition $105, Supply Fee $10
Sep 29Tuition $112, Paper Fee $10
- Early voting for the Nov. 3 presidential election begins Friday, Sept. 18
- Poll: Biden has 14-point lead over Trump in Virginia, support for mail-in voting mixed
- State board narrowly approves new Prince William juvenile detention center
- UPDATED: Prince William adds 79 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- UPDATED: Missing Stafford teen found safe, suspect in custody
- ‘The timing isn’t right for it’: Paid quarantine leave dies in Senate committee
- Superintendent acknowledges 'likelihood' of COVID-19 cases in schools when students return
- UPDATED: Stafford man turns himself into police in connection with Woodbridge shooting